The Alternative Medicine Guide: Using Essential Oils for Arthritis
Arthritis can greatly affect the quality of life. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, arthritis affects approximately 54.4 million adults in the United States, making it the most common cause of disability. Traditional medicine does offer a variety of treatments for this condition. But for those looking for natural alternatives, essential oils offer a viable option.
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are plant extracts that contain active compounds with many therapeutic benefits found throughout nature. Ancient civilizations such as the Egyptians and Greeks used them to improve the health and well-being in their societies.
Benefits of Essential Oils for Arthritis
- Reduces pain and stiffness
- Reduces inflammation
- Boosts energy
- Improves circulation
- Improves immune system function
How to use essential oils for arthritis?
Essential oils can be used in a variety of ways to provide relief for arthritis. Here are a few of the most popular methods:
- Massage: Adding a few drops of essential oil to a carrier oil or lotion before a massage can help reduce pain and stiffness.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils in the form of incense, potpourri, and room sprays. Inhaling the essential oils can help to soothe arthritis pain.
- Topical Application: Applying essential oils directly to the affected area can help reduce inflammation and promote healing.
Essential Oils offer a safe and effective alternative to traditional medicines for treating arthritis. Not only do they provide relief from pain and discomfort, but they can also help to boost energy and improve overall well-being. Despite the many benefits of using essential oils, it is important to consult with a qualified health professional before using them for treating any medical conditions.