Herbal Remedies for PMS and Menopause
The Alternative Medicine Guide provides comprehensive information on medical treatments, natural remedies and healthy lifestyle solutions using herbal remedies for premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and four stages of menopause.
Herbal remedies can help to relieve the frustrating physical, reproductive and emotional symptoms of PMS.
- Chasteberry (Vitex agnus castus): helps balance reproductive hormones.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale): acts as a strong diuretic and helps with water retention.
- Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis): can help with menstrual cramps.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale): helps soothe abdominal pain.
- Red Raspberry (Rubus idaeus): provides relief from irritability and cramps.
Herbal remedies can help women through the four stages of menopause: Perimenopause, menopause, postmenopause, and late postmenopause.
- Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga/Actaea racemosa): helps with hot flashes and night sweats.
- Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba): improves blood flow and helps with cognitive function.
- Maca (Lepidium meyenii): helps with mood swings and energy levels.
- Red Clover (Trifolium pratense): helps to reduce night sweats, hot flashes and insomnia.
- Soy Isoflavones: helps protect bones and maintain a healthy cardiovascular system.
The Alternative Medicine Guide provides detailed guidance to help identify and select the safest and most effective herbal remedies for premenstrual syndrome and the four stages of menopause.