The Alternative Medicine Guide – Chinese Medicine and the Treatment of Skin Health
The Alternative Medicine Guide explores the natural approaches to achieving radiant skin through the use of Chinese Medicine. Chinese Medicine, a holistic health practice, believes that all aspects of the body and mind must be addressed in order to achieve total health. It follows a Preventative Medicine approach to healing and focuses on the entire body’s wellbeing, rather than one aspect. Therefore, a comprehensive treatment program for skin health should include external applications, dietary changes and targeted lifestyle modifications.
External Applications for Skin Health
Chinese Medicine frowns upon the use of products full of harsh chemicals and prefers natural ingredients to treat any health condition, including skin health. Here’s a quick overview of some of the external applications often used in Chinese Medicine:
- Herbal poultices – herbs are boiled and applied directly onto the skin
- Herbal baths – herbs are boiled and the water is used to bathe in
- Herbal compresses – herbs are boiled and the water is used to make a compress to apply onto the skin
- Herbal oils – essential oils are blended with herbal oils and applied on the skin
Diet and Lifestyle for Skin Health
When it comes to skin health, Chinese Medicine also takes diet and lifestyle into consideration. Here are some dietary and lifestyle recommendations for achieving radiant skin:
- Drink plenty of water. Drinking plenty of water helps to flush toxins from the body and to keep it hydrated from within.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. Eating fresh produce helps to ensure the body is receiving enough vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which are all essential for skin health. Additionally, whole grains are important for providing the body with needed energy and nutrients.
- Limit processed and sugary foods. Processed and sugary foods can contribute to low energy and accelerated aging of the skin.
- Reduce stress. Stress can have a damaging effect on the skin, so it’s important to find ways of coping with stress that work for you.
- Get plenty of rest. Getting enough sleep is essential for both mental and physical health, and inadequate sleep can have an adverse effect on the skin.
The Alternative Medicine Guide is an excellent resource for anyone looking to learn more about Chinese Medicine and how it can be used to treat skin health and other health conditions naturally. By implementing the dietary and lifestyle changes listed above, following the external applications guidelines, and taking advantage of the Alternative Medicine Guide’s resources and online communities, you can start to achieve radiant skin the natural way.