The Alternative Medicine Guide – Chinese Medicine and the Treatment of the Musculoskeletal System
Natural Approaches to Pain and Dysfunction
The Alternative Medicine Guide explores the many facets of Chinese Medicine and how it is used to address common issues associated with the musculoskeletal system, such as chronic pain and dysfunction. This comprehensive guide gives readers an in-depth look at how holistic methods can be used to alleviate pain and restore function without invasive treatments or medication.
Chinese Medicine focuses on treating the body from a holistic perspective and utilizing natural remedies to bring about balance to improve physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. It has been found to provide relief from chronic pain and other musculoskeletal issues, including:
- Muscle tension
- Joint stiffness
- Injury to bones and soft tissue
The Alternative Medicine Guide provides a comprehensive review of the different treatments and practices used to achieve balance and wellness, as well as insight into the numerous therapies that address the body as a whole. Readers will also gain a better understanding of common ailments and what Chinese Medicine practitioners may recommend for relief of symptoms.
The therapies used in Chinese Medicine focus on restoring the body’s natural balance and energy, known as qi. This energy flows through specific pathways and is believed to help heal and protect the body from harm. Specific treatments for musculoskeletal issues may include:
- Acupuncture – The insertion of thin needles into certain acupuncture points on the body to activate qi and release any blockages in the energy pathways.
- Herbal remedies – Herbs taken as teas, tinctures, capsules and compresses to address various physical and emotional maladies.
- Cupping – The application of suction cups to the skin to open up the pores and release tight muscles and knots.
- Massage – Manipulating the body’s tissues to reduce tension and increase circulation.
The Alternative Medicine Guide provides readers with a detailed overview of Chinese Medicine and its holistic approach to treating musculoskeletal problems. From acupuncture to massage, readers will gain insight into the wide range of natural treatments that can help alleviate pain and restore function.