Chiropractic Care for Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is a condition that causes chronic heel and arch pain. Chiropractic care is an effective treatment option for those suffering from plantar fasciitis, as it can help reduce pain and increase mobility.
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is a common affliction that occurs when the thick band of tissue that runs along the bottom of the foot (the plantar fascia) becomes inflamed. It is most commonly caused by strained muscles, but can also be caused by overuse or certain ailments.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help?
Chiropractic care can help reduce the pain associated with plantar fasciitis and improve mobility by:
- Mobilizing the joints and muscles in the foot and ankle to reduce stiffness and inflammation
- Relieving tension in the plantar fascia
- Stretching the calf muscles and Achilles tendon
- Promoting proper alignment of the spine and hips to correct any imbalances, which can put strain on the plantar fascia
- Providing orthotic inserts to cushion the foot
Chiropractic care is also important for long-term prevention of plantar fasciitis. Through regular adjustments and stretching, the chiropractor can help maintain proper alignment of the spine and joints, thus reducing strain on the plantar fascia and helping to prevent the condition.
Chiropractic care is an effective treatment option for plantar fasciitis. It can help reduce pain and restore mobility while also helping to prevent future flare-ups. If you are suffering from plantar fasciitis and are looking for a non-invasive treatment option, consider visiting a chiropractor.